California Native Planting and Maintenance
Everything You Need to Know About Planting and Maintaining Your California Native Plants
We are so excited to be launching our first online course! Welcome to the California Native Planting and Maintenance Workshop. In this workshop we teach you how to create a low water, low maintenance landscape that is good for the climate, the environment and your pocket book.
- Why California native plants really are the easiest for your pocket book and your landscape
- Change the climate in your own backyard
- Select the right kind of native plants for your yard
- Encourage birds and butterflies into your yard
- Design a colourful year-round native plant garden
- Create a garden that doesn’t require automatic irrigation
- Build the foundation of a healthy garden in four steps
- Avoid these nine deadly mistakes when planting
- The best and worst months to plant (if you are hoping to keep your plants alive!)
- Maintain your native garden with little work as possible
In this class we will introduce you to 20 California native plants that are great choices for your yard.
Both Sheri and Diane blended their passion for landscaping and the environment with a background of teaching adults, and now regularly teach homeowner and professional classes on rainwater capture, soil health, the use of native plants, turf removal, and efficient irrigation, both in the landscape, in the classroom and via one-to-one Garden Guru coaching sessions. Sheri and Diane both became Green Gardens Group Qualified Trainers in 2015 and 2013 respectively. Both hold the Environmental Protection Agency’s Watersense approved Watershed Wise Landscape Professional qualification.